We thank God for His unfailing providence for all the mission activities of the church. And we express our sincere thanks to each member of our parish for their generosity towards meeting the needs of ‘mission activities’ of our Parish in the past. It is only through your continued support and prayers that the church will be able to fulfill the responsibility bestowed upon it through the “Great Commission” of our Lord.
Mission Field Support:
In the past our church was able to financially support the “Pazhampallichal Mission” situated in a forest area with a small congregation formed in 2005. Now we wish to support mission fields outside Kerala by distributing Bibles, facilitating the conduct of VBS, assisting in providing clothes and other school accessories to children in tribal areas and in meeting the needs of the mission work in these areas.
This year we were able to offer financial support to some families and institutions from India, as per the requests received, for causes ranging from Medical, Educational, Housing and Renovation needs. The details are given below:
1. MEDICAL AID :- 4 PEOPLE ($1500)
2. EDUCATIONAL AID :- 6 PEOPLE ($ 1800)
3. CHURCH MAINTENANCE/ CONSTRUCTION PROJECT : 2 ($700)
4. HOUSING PROJECT : 3 ($800)
5. MISSION FIELD & DESTITUTE HOMES : 2 ($600)
TOTAL MONEY DISTRIBUTED: $5400
The Mission board is planning to do the following activities in the future with the help and support of all our members.
1. Consult with Teaneck Township and explore the various opportunities where our parish can involve supporting the needs within the township.
2. Take complete commitment to support a mission project in India or within our diocese.
3. Sponsor VBS in remote villages of India and Native Americans.
4. Allocate a specific amount to support various financial requests, ranging from Medical, Educational and Church Building construction, so that we can respond to these requests in a timely manner.
More requests for financial assistance:
For more details, contact Rev. M.S Daniel, Vicar at (201) 692-9565 or Mr. Subhash Mathew, Mission Board Convenor at (201) 873-2055.